Friday, November 25, 2005

Customer Service is my Life!!!

I live to serve. Honestly. There's nothing more exhilerating than having
you call in about your bill without you having even taken a look at it.
So when I ask if you've read it and you reply that you haven't but it
can't possibly be that big, you can bet you'll receive a cold silence on
my end of the line. Did you learn to read as a child? Is your inability
to do basic math or add up dollar amounts correctly causing you as much
grief in your life as it's causing in mine? I honestly doubt it. But
then again, it doesn't really matter does it? I'm just another face-less
CSR that you've called in to abuse with nary a thought at repercussions,
aren't I?
We're nearing the middle of our 'on the floor training' which is
basically us being thrown to the wolves while still having a couple
knowledgable agents nearby for answering the tough questions. It's nice
to have them nearby because they are quite helpful when it comes to
current situations affecting our work. I've always been hateful towards
companies who insist on getting their employees trained by trainers who
have not done the actual job in aeons. That is not the case here, thank
goodness.
I've been invited to 'do a little parking' tomorrow on one of my days
off. I could use the extra money but I could also use the day off to
myself. I have to pick up Sly's Bday present and pick up something to
celebrate our anniversary, which occurs for the former on Tuesday and
the latter on Sunday. I want to pick up an Ice Cream cake from the Dairy
Queen with Belle from Beauty and the Beast decorating the top. She loves
that story. I sometimes wonder if it's her love of the movie that
allowed her to marry a beast such as myself.

No comments: