Thursday, November 10, 2005

Another day, another test

Of which I'm not concerned in the least. I was more concerned about the
potluck we are having for lunch than the contents of the final exam. The
80% rule is in effect again and I've a feeling we may lose a couple
prospective Full Time employees this day. Or not. After discussing it
with my co-workers and we simply don't believe that. How could a company
spend close to $3k on training time only to have to fire said trainee?
I worked my last 'parking' shift the other night. Went home after work
yesterday instead of the Jubilee. That was a strange feeling to have all
that spare time available to me. Almost didn't know what to do with
myself.
Sly's work has the whole season of Battlestar Gallactica on the shelves
so I'm working my way through them. So nice to see good, basic Sci-Fi
instead of convoluted crap. I'm so jaded ever since Episode 1 came out
and the whole franchise went to shit. BG is very complex but feels
simple. Therein lies the difference between the feeling of those two
types. All the Star Wars movies (Yes, even episodes IV - VI) are very
simple. There's very little in those movies that are complex at all.
There's no political intrigue, no interesting conflicts between
same-factioned characters and there's sure as Hell no references towards
interactions like sex. SW have always been a very 'child' friendly
series. I suppose that's one of the reasons I enjoyed it as a child.

No comments: