Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas time and the living is easy

Maybe not so much easy as not difficult. WTF does that mean anyways?

Finished the main 'training' part of our... ummm... training. Now we're on our separate, respective teams and working towards customer service Nirvana. Or something.

Christmas is but three or four days away. Meaning I've spent a few days wandering the local malls and electronics outlets in search of gifts for my loving family. Meaning my wife, mother and step-father. I've always hated Christmas and hated shopping for it. I always begin feeling melancholy about this time of year. Maudlin if you will. Mau-d-lin! Seems like such a depressing time of year. Or perhaps that's just me? Can't be there's so many suicides this time of year. So though I'm not ready to join that group of people in their life-ending activities, it comforts me slightly to know there are others out there feeling as I do. Worse in some cases.

Sly is concerned about her choice in gift for me. She's apparently purchased something that she's not completely convinced is going to make me reach new heights of consumer-based orgasm. It's hard to convince her that whatever it is I'm really, really going to like it. It really IS the thought that counts. Too many of us have forgotten that simple fact. Lost between endless commercial brainwashing on Radio and TV to familial pressures brought to bear because of that same brainwashing. Good god, it could go around in circles forever.

I'm finding less and less joy in my life, in my wife and in everything around me. Time of year? Whatever... I'm a unique snowflake that has no other equal. Fight Club is THE shit. His name was Robert Paulson.

No comments: