Friday, October 28, 2005

Another day....

… another couple of dollars. If you think about it hard enough, we spend an average of 1/3 of our lives at work. This is rough math but you get my meaning. Imagine, if you will, being completely unhappy for 1/3 of your measurable life. I think I'm depressed.
Or getting there. Quickly.


It's pretty pathetic when a man is happier standing in front of a parking lot, directing traffic and making 50% LESS in wages than he is working his day job. My wife, Sly, doesn't understand that. Or she does but she's throwing the fact that I suggested her staying at Telus Operator services, which she absolutely HATED, while also working at Rogers Video. I do not ignore the irony in that statement considering I am no working for Rogers as well, regardless of being in a different part of the company. So, no, I do not ignore the irony.

I really enjoy being sent a paycheck from one job or the other each Friday. Who wouldn't want to get paid like that? The surplus is coming back from our trip so we'll have a good Xmas (and I'll be Sly will have a good birthday too).

No comments: