Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Skype: Free till the end of the year

One of the forums I read on a regular basis had a post mentioning that Skype is offering free computer-to-landline/mobile calls for the rest of the year! I've not used Skype up to this point but this was all it took to get the application downloaded and installed on my computer.

I made a call to my home just to see what the quality was like. I DID notice a difference. Was a little more tinny than I had expected. And then there was the slight lag. Barely noticable but it was there. I'll be using it for the rest of the year, at least until they stop offering it.

Then maybe we'll stay on if the price is right. We currently pay $5/month for 100 minutes of canadian LD service. 10¢/ minute after that. Not a horrible deal but they are getting close to $100 a month from us for Landline/Internet service. I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks a month.

No comments: